VENDOR SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2018 FESTIVAL.
FOOD LICENSE INFORMATION
Commercial: All food including baked goods
Non Profit: (Churches and otherwise)
Mobile Units: Food Trucks
• Acceptance as a festival vendor is not guaranteed.
• All space assignments are at the sole discretion of Newburgh Illuminated Festival organizers.
• Festival start time is 12:00 noon.
• All vendors are expected to have appropriate personnel in their booth.
• Vendor spaces will be on Broadway (between Johnston St. & Colden St.) and on Liberty St. (from Broadway to Lafayette St.)
• Electricity will not be provided. Food vendors must supply their own electricity with a QUIET rated generator.
• The Festival will not provide water or ice.
• Vendors’ booth must be completely self-sufficient, and vendors must clean up after themselves.
• The Vendor Check-In is located at the Ritz Theater Box Office at 109 Broadway. Check in will start at 10:00am. Vendors must report to check in to get their space assignment.
• You will be allowed to drive your vehicle into the Vendor area to off load at your space. Cut off for vehicle entry into vendor areas is 11:30am.
• There is no rain date.
• Vendor fees are non-refundable!
IMPORTANT: VENDOR RULES AND POLICES
NYS SALES TAX CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORITY: All vendors are required by New York State to have available for inspection and to be on display on the day of the festival a current New York State Certificate of Authority and are responsible for collecting and reporting New York sales tax. It is the vendor’s responsibility for any additional permits/licenses required by law.
TEMPORARY FOOD SERVICE PERMIT: All food vendors must apply to the Orange County Department of Health (OCDOH) for their temporary food service permit. Please allow 10-15 days for Orange County Department of Health to process your event permit. Vendors must apply early enough so that the permit arrives in time for the Festival. You MUST post this permit in your food booth on the day of the festival.
INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS: All food vendors participating in Newburgh Illuminated Festival must have $1,000,000 of liability insurance. You are required to name all three of the following entities:
- Newburgh Illuminated Festival Organizers
- City of Newburgh
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
We must receive your certificate of insurance 30 days prior to the event (May 3rd).
BEVERAGES: Food vendors may sell only non-alcoholic beverages from their booth. All beverages need to be sold out of their original can, original plastic bottle, or a compostable plastic cup. No alcoholic beverages can be sold out of your booth at any time.
GREASE: No grease or gray water is to be poured onto the ground or down any drains. Anyone found doing this will be asked to leave the event. You will be responsible for any and all environmental cleanup costs, fines, and subject to prosecution by city or state officials.
LIQUID WASTE: All liquid waste must be removed from festival site by being carried out. There is absolutely no dumping of liquid waste on the ground or in storm drains. Doing so will subject you to fines and prosecution.
SOLID WASTE: All vendors are responsible to collect and properly bag trash within your sales location. All vendors are required at the conclusion of the event to clean their specific area, remove all trash and debris, and return your area to the same condition it was prior to the event.
FOR GENERAL INQUIRIES AND QUESTIONS RELATING TO VENDORS YOU CAN EMAIL US AT